We are a voluntary group set up to support Redland Library, helping to sustain and improve its service, and also connecting it with the local and wider community.
Redland Library is situated on Whiteladies Road in Bristol, close to Clifton Down Station.
- Wednesday 12th December – Understanding the Council Budget Consultation
- Thursday 10th January 2019 – Desert Island Books – Books & the Cinema
- Thursday 24th January 2019 – Researching your Family History
- Tuesday 12th February 2019 – Books that made me a Bookseller
- Thursday 28th February 2019 – Desert Island Books – Books & Identity
- Tuesday 12th March 2019 – Desert Island Books – Books & Travel
- April 2019 – Desert Island Books – Books, Science & Fiction
- May 2019 – Desert Island Books – Books & Dissent
Full details can be found on the <Future Events> tab.
Researching your Family History
Our two family history events on 23rd October and 20th November have been a success. These events comprised a talk by Stephen Williams, followed by hands on computer time using Bristol Library’s copy of the Ancestry software. Support was provided by members of the Bristol and Avon Family History Society.
Both events were sold out and we therefore plan to hold similar events in 2019. The first of these events is being held on Thursday 24th January and full details can be found on the <Future Events> tab.
If you are interested in attending our Family History events, please signify your interest by emailing <FriendsOfRedlandLibrary@gmail.com>
Code Club At Redland Library
A free computer course for 8 to 11 year olds is being run in Redland Library. The Code Club will be held on Saturdays from 11:15am to 12:15am. It starts on 24th November and runs for 12 weeks.
The course will cover games, animations and websites.
Places are limited. To book, either register your child’s details with a member of the Redland Library staff or email <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Please sign a petition to protect library services by ringfencing government funding for libraries. The link to the petition is https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/228742
At 10,000 signatures, the government will respond to this petition. At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament.
Please share the link with family, friends, neighbours and colleagues.
You can subscribe to our regular newsletter by emailing <FriendsOfRedlandLibrary@gmail.com>