We are a voluntary group set up to support Redland Library, helping to sustain and improve its service, and also connecting it with the local and wider community.
Redland Library is situated on Whiteladies Road in Bristol, close to Clifton Down Station.
- Tuesday 24th September – Desert Island Books: Banned Books **Part of Banned Books Week 2019**
- Thursday 10th October – Books You Should Read
- Tuesday 22nd October – Books That Made Me a Writer **Part of the Bristol Festival of Literature**
- Thursday 14th November – Women Who Built Bristol: Volume 2 with Jane Duffus
- Tuesday 26th November – Workshop on Open Access Data
Full details can be found on the <Future Events> tab.
Researching your Family History
Our four family history events on 23rd October, 20th November, 24th January and 16th April have been a success. These events comprised a talk by Stephen Williams, followed by hands on computer time using Bristol Library’s copy of the Ancestry software. Support was provided by members of the Bristol and Avon Family History Society.
All four events were sold out and we therefore plan to hold similar events going forward. Keep checking our future events listings for news of our next Family History event.
If you are interested in attending our Family History events, please signify your interest by emailing <FriendsOfRedlandLibrary@gmail.com>
You can subscribe to our regular newsletter by emailing <FriendsOfRedlandLibrary@gmail.com>