We are a voluntary group set up to support Redland Library, helping to sustain and improve its service, and also connecting it with the local and wider community.
Redland Library is situated on Whiteladies Road in Bristol, close to Clifton Down Station.
- Tuesday 26th March 2019 – Books that made me a Poet
- Tuesday 9th April 2019 – Desert Island Books – Books & Dissent
- Tuesday 16th April 2019 – Researching your Family History
- Thursday 9th May 2019 – Desert Island Books – Books, Science & Fiction
- Sunday 19th May 2019 – Board Games in the Afternoon
- Thursday 13th June 2019 – Books that made me a Gardener
- June 2019 – Desert Island Books – Books & Art
Full details can be found on the <Future Events> tab.
Researching your Family History
Our three family history events on 23rd October, 20th November and 24th January have been a success. These events comprised a talk by Stephen Williams, followed by hands on computer time using Bristol Library’s copy of the Ancestry software. Support was provided by members of the Bristol and Avon Family History Society.
All three events were sold out and we therefore plan to hold similar events going forward. The next event is being held on Tuesday 16th April and full details can be found on the <Future Events> tab.
If you are interested in attending our Family History events, please signify your interest by emailing <FriendsOfRedlandLibrary@gmail.com>
Please sign a petition to protect library services by ringfencing government funding for libraries. The link to the petition is https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/228742
At 10,000 signatures, the government will respond to this petition. At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament.
Please share the link with family, friends, neighbours and colleagues.
You can subscribe to our regular newsletter by emailing <FriendsOfRedlandLibrary@gmail.com>